- Our original return flight was due to leave Guayaquil at 11:35 PM, a 3 hour layover in Miami for our customs and immigration, then on to JFK with another 3-4 hr layover before arriving in DC around 4:30 PM.
- Our flight out of Guayaquil was delayed until 3:15 AM and the rebooked us direct from Miami to DC so we spent the night in the airport.
- Our flight out of Guayaquil didn't leave the airport until 5:45 AM.
- Long lines at customs and immigration meant we missed our new flight (direct to DC). In fact we were just getting into the first line at the time the plane left.
- After two long lines, making it through everything, we finally got directed to where we could rebook our ticket. We had a little over an hour to get through security (again) and grab some lunch before the flight to DC.
But all ended well with our arrival around 7 PM at our HUGE hotel room at the Best Western in Alexandria, VA - HOT shower, KING bed, COMFY king bed, ordered out for Chinese (and it was great). Tomorrow we head to pickup our truck and rig.
We're not happy with what we have heard thus far on the insurance repairs for the RV. They've had it a month, Stu asked for weekly email updates and heard nothing until he remembered to email them about week three. The response was the KZ was no longer manufacturing our model so they couldn't supply the sheet metal. Next response was the materials arrived damaged and had to be returned. The latest was they can't get the necessary parts. Nope, not happy....
On Saturday I fly out of the other DC airport, heading to Wichita, KS to attend my grandson's high school graduation. Looking forward to seeing him and my daughter and her hubby. NOT looking to flying again so soon. LOL!